Read Online- http://www.businessindependent.co.uk/
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Read Online- http://www.businessindependent.co.uk/
Friday, May 27, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
The Olympic “mockumentary”, Twenty Twelve is a 6 episode comedy programme running on BBC which follows the Olympic deliverance commission in the run up to the 2010 Olympics to be held in London. Siobhan Sharpe is a character played by Jessica Hynes who is the naïve and clueless brand manager from a PR agency who is constantly on her phone, rude and comes up with the most ridiculous suggestions; “for national heroes to be Olympic torch-bearers include Bruce Forsyth and Gok Wan, and she confuses the Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy with the Welsh singer Duffy.” When a crisis occurs she does not deal with the situation but merely steers around it, when the 2012 clock in Tate Modern, does not work or know how to work it or why the artist created it a certain way, just a stunt with no information.
The brand manager is shown in a bad light, for years PR has constantly needed PR for its self as the perception they have is mainly spin. Although a comedy show, it does not help the insight of PR. Do we need filters on how PR professionals and the industry is portrayed, if we are always being judged do we need to constantly do PR on top, or will the stigma always stick?
Twenty Twelve is available to watch on BBCi Player online
Cousin, Sister, Me, Aunt, Niece and Nephew back in Norwich giving my dad the bad finger!
The new "crew" out in Bromley, always one to remember
First week back at Uni means SU time! Alex, Polly, Me
Gypsi Moth in Greenwich, The woman thought wrapping herself like a mummy and putting it all over the floor would clean up "the smell of beer"
Scribbles when Bored... taken from Luxi
Walk to Canary Wharf today!
- Media- Press conferences when launching a new product, music and lifestyle magazines.
Chrysler cars and Beats partnership press release- http://www.beatsbydre.com/press/docs/Chrysler-BeatsFinalReleasewithlogos_V2.pdf
- Video- Having a live youtube channel and videos on the products website online presence with the target market the videos showing how products work, press conferences, speeches by the makers but also the music videos. They also use this channel for internal communication education retailers on certain products.
- Celebrities- have been one of the main channels of communication for beats being shown in music videos, films, being endorsed by them, product placement. They have created a lifestyle what people want a part of and experience of the brand. Most of the placements are by the creators such as GaGa, Dr Dre and P.Diddy. Many athletes also endorse the product such as football teams whilst in South Africa for the 2010 world cup.
· Dr Dre- Kush
· Lady Gaga- Poker Face
· Lady Gaga- Telephone
· Lady Gaga- Lovegame
· David Guetta- Who’s that chick
· Far East Movement- 2gether
· Far East Movement- Like a G6
· Nicole Scherzinger- Don’t Hold Your Breath
· Will.I.Am- Check it out
· The Book Of Eli- Film
· Black Eyed Peas- Current album cover and various music videos
· Kelis- 4th July
& numerous more
- TV advertisements- with collaborations such as HP and again a celebrities endorsement by Alicia keys.
- Blogs- There has been many blogs written about beats headphones both positive and negative. The negative aspect being are the headphones worth the large amount of money, is it for quality or the experience of having the product which turns heads.
- Events- Beats set up their own events such as at the American superbowl they have a Beats stage where artists performed like The Black Eyed Peas who are big endorsers of the brand. They also sponsor other events by providing free products for prizes, an example of this would be the Flavor Battle DJ Competition held i n America.
It is no doubt that Beats have had a great response from the public, and the strategy they have used has reached the appropriate target market. They also widen the target marketing by having collaborations with many other products such as laptops and cars. It has defiantly become recognizable and leader in the industry. The question that is still unanswered at the end of the day is, is it worth it?
Location based networking (LBN) is a new form and trend of social networking using the location of where you are blogging/networking from at that point in time. It is mainly used with the use of smart phones and notebooks, individuals to big corporations have stated to this way of networking. Listed below are just some of the most popular and well known uses of LBN.
Foursquare- Application for smart phones and mobile devices that uses GPS to use your location. Foursquare allows people to check into certain places such as cafes, Universities, housing and many more. When checking into these places you gain rewards and points to build your profile up and build up your ranks like a game. It also allows you to view where your friends have checked in, and who is nearby your own check in. It currently has 7million users worldwide.
Twitter- A current new feature allows your followers to see where you have twittered. It is usually a link which comes up as a map and shows your direct location. Tweeters can opt out of using the location feature. Twitter has a registered estimated 190 million users.
Facebook- On smart phones and mobile applications FB allows you to check in to your current location and tag others with yourself, a further link allows others to see specifically where the position is. “Facebook has more than 500 million active users”.
”According to a rather speculative report by research firm ABI Research, location-based social networks like Brightkite, GyPSii, Pelago and Loopt could reach revenues as high as $3.3 billion by 2013. The report, however, also warns that the business models might differ from what most analysts are expecting today. According to ABI research, most of these networks will make their money from licensing and revenue-sharing with network providers or handset manufacturers.” http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/location_based_social_networking_3_billion.php
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Mixing hip hop, r'n'b, soul creating great sounds, performing beside artists such as Tinie Tempah, Jessie J, Professor Green, Chase & Status and more. Could he be the next Plan B?
Look What I've Done- First official single
The Travelling Man Mixtape is available for download for free and his album and The Lost Words EP is currently out to buy.
Monday, March 21, 2011
- Hearbeats headphones
- Virgin Mobile
- Diet Coke
- HP Beats Laptop
- Plenty of Fish Dating Website
- Wonder bread
- Miracle Whip
- Plently of Fish Dating Website
- Revolucion Tequila
- Revolucion Vodka
- G-Shock Watches
- Apple Macbook
Friday, February 25, 2011
Adele ofcourse with her performance was able to grab a tear from almost everyone watching the show, and not only that, her first album "19" is back in the chart - ADELE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. She wasn't the only one, Plan B were able to bring their album back with their firery performance The Defamation Of Strickland Banks
I don't think i'm the only person to say that, James Corden, at first, little bit funny how he acted towards Justin Bieber, like any normal man would? Maybe? However, his tweets then onwards began to irritate me slightly, I myself find Corden a comical guy, but on this occasion, tweeting about Mike and Bieber several times became a bit tiring.
I love just watching the celebs in their bliss world, it's like living the musicians life, with their tables, friend and bottles of champagne. All of them just looked superb, Rihanna ofcourse was the one which stood out. Her performance was sexy and just down right gorgeous. The dress she was wearing, ofcourse the comment was made about a wedding, but she looked lovely as well as being able to promote her new perfume "Rebl Fleur". Good PR there, with millions of people watching, her perfume just being released as well as her dress taking up the majority of the camera view and looking as gorgeous as Rihanna could ever look and more.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Perception of Smoking?
Awareness campaigns, the stop of cigarette companies sponsoring, shocking images, the rise is support groups, health awareness
Benchmarking yet Timeless, a form of expression and feelings
yet Judgmental and Opinion